Dr. Richard Magder - Chiropractor
Accreditations, Specializations, Awards
• Medical Acupuncture, Custom Orthotics & Shockwave Provider
• Shelburne Muskies Sr. "AA" Medical Trainer
• Webster Technique - Pregnancy Care 🤰
• 2017-2019 #1 Best Chiropractor & Chiropractic Clinic
• Ontario Chiropractic Association Best Graduate Award
• Dufferin Board of Trade Young Professional Award
• Bachelor of Art - York University
• Bachelor of Science - Western University
• Doctor of Chiropractic from Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
Dr. Magder grew up in Thornhill Ontario and spent many weekends on his grandparent’s farm in Tottenham, Ontario. It was during these formative years that he developed a love for the active, outdoor lifestyle. His favourite activities growing up included playing hockey and baseball, as well as running, hiking and fishing. It was only after a traumatic hockey injury as a teenager that he discovered the beneficial effect that chiropractic treatment could have on the prevention of injury as well as recovery process.
After earning an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in business at York University, Dr. Magder returned to school to study Psychology and Science at the University of Western Ontario. Following his undergraduate education, Dr. Magder completed his Doctorate of Chiropractic at Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, where he was the recipient of the Judy Ladell award as class valedictorian.
Throughout his clinical internship at CMCC, Dr. Magder had the irreplaceable opportunity to experience treating a diverse patient base. He had the unique opportunity to practice at the Sherbourne Health Centre in Toronto treating the homeless and under-housed as well as members of the LGBQT communities. As well, Dr. Magder was chosen to complete an internship at the Aptus treatment centre where he provided complimentary treatment to adults with complex developmental disabilities, including Autism, Down’s syndrome and Cerebral Palsy. His clinical internship also allowed Dr. Magder to study and take a special interest in treating conditions of the temporomandibular joints as well as traumatic head injuries.